Medical Insurance Eligibility Verification
Insurance eligibility Verification is the process of calling the insurance carrier to check the eligibility status and the benefit details of the patient’s insurance information. Without the insurance eligibility check being done, we are not sure if the provider will get paid for the treatment rendered to the patient since there is no other possibility to know if the insurance details provided by the patient were active. We offer cost effective medical insurance eligibility verification services for medical offices and hospitals.
How we offer our clients Insurance Eligibility Calling functionality:
- Insurance Eligibility verification can be done on previously scheduled appointments as well as on walk-in patients.
- For walk-in patients, the receptionist notifies the verifier at Clinical Info Solutions by messaging him using HIPAA-compliant messaging software, SPARK, and the verifier verifies the insurance and messages the receptionist back regarding the status of the patient’s insurance.
- We look at provider’s schedule 2 days in advance by logging onto the software and verify coverage by calling the insurance company.
- The following information is collected by Clinical Info Solutions and given to the doctor’s office: Primary insurance, Secondary insurance, Tertiary insurance, Deductible, Co-Pay, and Balance.
- The verifier will put in the confirmation # with the name of the person at the insurance company who verified the coverage in the scheduling software.